Here is my mini interview with Cynthia Nicolas and the photos of Korean dishes that she made.
1. What is your name and where do you live?
My name is Cynthia Nicolas, my family and I are originally from the Philippines, and we migrated to Vancouver, Canada 4 years ago.
2. What do you do and how many family members do you have ?
I am married with two beautiful children, our son is now 23 and our daughter is turning 20 this month.
My sister who lives in England, introduced me to your site. We both love watching Korean drama series even back home in the Philippines, and we’re always fascinated with your culture and food.
I had a back injury 2 months ago, and was off from work for two weeks and I guess bored at home, when I decided to look into your website. I can really say something good always come out of a bad situation.
So far I’ve tried your bulgogi, bulgogi stew, bibimbap, galbijjim, panfried tofu w/ spicy sauce, dakgangjeong, potato with soy sauce, rolled omelette. My son loves to prepare the Soondubu jjigae.
3. How often do you cook Korean food following my recipes?
We cook Korean food almost 3-4 times in a week. We even had the Dakkangjung and Bulgogi Stew for Christmas’ and Galbijjim on New Year’s.
4. What are your favorite Korean dishes? Choose 3, please!
My 3 favorite recipes so far ( why just 3? I love so many of them):
1. galbijjim, 2. bulgogi, and 3. dakgangjeong
5. What’s your best Korean dish, the one that everybody compliments you on when you make it?
The best so far, my kids and friends tasted and complimented on was Galbijjjim.
Copyright © Maangchi LLC.
All rights reserved.