Here is my mini interview with Deborah and photos of Korean dishes that she made.
1. What is your name and where do you live?
Deborah. I live in Toronto, Ontario.
2. What do you do and how many family members do you have ?
I work for one of the major banks in Canada within the financial district in Toronto during the day and I like to cook in the evenings and weekends! I live with my family right now and live with my mom, dad and brother who recently returned to Toronto to work.
3. How often do you cook Korean food following my recipes?
Often! Whenever there is a recipe that I really want to eat and doesn’t seem too complex for me during the week to make, I like to make that dish and share with my family. There are a couple dishes that I consistently go back to making because Maangchi makes them so easy (and tasty)!
4. What are your favorite Korean dishes? Choose 3, please!
Sam gyup sal, kimchi jiggae, and seollang tang/galbi tang. I also really enjoy sikhye!
grilled pork belly BBQ (samgyeopsal gui) table setting
5. What’s your best Korean dish, the one that everybody compliments you on when you make it?
Soon dubu! Although I’ve made several others…