A Harvard film student Paul Whang loves to cook when he has free time. I met him in Feb. 2009 at LA meetup. He volunteered to be my cameraman there, he filmed everything. In Feb. 2010, he offered me a part in his student film, that of an old Korean lady.
He graduated from his school recently.
This is the email that I received from him recently.
Here is my interview with Paul and the photos of Korean dishes that he made.
1. What is your name and where do you live?
My name is Paul Whang and I’m from Torrance, CA. I live in Harvard University but not for much longer.
2. What do you do and how many family members do you have?
I’m a 4th year film/video student and there are 7 people in my family.
3. How often do you cook Korean food following my recipes?
Every time I go back home for vacation I make dakgangjeong for my friends using your recipe. They are crazy for dakgangjeong.
4. What are your favorite Korean dishes? Choose 3, please!
Maangchi, I straight up can not answer this question. I love all of it!!!
5. What’s your best Korean dish, the one that everybody compliments you on when you make it?
I get the most compliments when I make your dakgangjeong because my friends are crazy for dakgangjeong. But they are also happy when I make bokkeumbap out of leftovers in the fridge, and sometimes my japchae is pretty good.