I can say that pine nut porridge is the queen of all the porridges! I’ve never seen anybody who doesn’t like this porridge. The recipe is very simple and you don’t need many ingredients to make it. It looks soupy, but I recommend spooning it instead of drinking it, because I want you to enjoy the aftertaste. 1 spoon after, pause! And close your eyes just as I did in the video, to savor the taste. oh yummy oh yummy, then start another spoon! lol
Pine nuts, rice, salt, and water.
Directions (for 1 serving):
- Soak 1/3 cup of short-grain rice in cold water for 1-2 hours.
- Rinse and drain and put it into a blender.
- Add 2 tbs pine nuts (with the tips removed) and 2 cups of water to the blender.
- Blend the mixture finely for about 3 minutes, until it turns into a milky white liquid.
- Pour the liquid into a heavy bottomed pot.
- Cook it over medium high heat. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon.
- It’ll get thicker in about 3 minutes. Add ½ ts of kosher salt, lower the heat to medium low, and stir for 5 more minutes. The porridge will get thinner and a little soupy.
- Transfer the finished porridge to a serving bowl and garnish with a few pine nuts on top.