I'm looking for a Korean dessert recipe that:
• would serve about 12-15 people,
• is not too complicated or expensive,
• would mesh well with the traditional flavors of Thanksgiving,
• and would be accessible to those who don't have very adventurous palates.
Hoddeok is a strong contender, as it fulfills all these requirements, but I haven't settled on anything yet. (Hmm…cranberry sauce or pumpkin pie fillings, anyone?)
I could also go the savory route and make a Korean side dish that fulfills the above requirements as well as those below.
• Nothing too strong in flavor. This is likely the first exposure to Korean cuisine for some of my relatives, and I don't want to give them more than they can handle.
• Nothing spicy. Two of my relatives cannot handle spicy food, and I don't want to alienate them.
Right now, I don't have any ideas except hoddeok with savory fillings. Does anyone have any non-hoddeok ideas? :)
I apologize for these specific requirements, but I hope I can get a few more suggestions before Thanksgiving for a dish that fulfills them. I'm posting this now to give adequate time for responses.