20 1/2 lbs of baechu-kimchi and another 4 lbs of Kkakdugi

Home Forums Korean food discussion 20 1/2 lbs of baechu-kimchi and another 4 lbs of Kkakdugi

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      skylined1134
      Participant

Hello all,

the attached image is my most recent batch. I used fish sauce and Saeujeot, in addition to some really nice imported korean pear i found at a local market. I followed (as always) Maangchi’s recipe.

Also, some questions.. hopefully someone with knowledge can chime in.

– I’ve heard Maangchi mention that kimchi can be made with beef, although google returns nothing. My question, what other proteins can be added, and how? I know cod, shrimp can be used as Maangchi has demonstrated, but how is beef incorporated?

– Im in the Orlando, FL area and I cannot find any Korean earthernware bowls/cookware. I prefer to pick them up in person versus ordering online, im willing to travel within the south-east US region to pick some up. If anyone has info, please pass it along.

-Also, for Maangchi specifically.. There are a few older videos you did that I would really like to see updated. Mainly your Gochujang video, anyway you can do a new video?

Attachments:
      UniSushi
      Participant

Any H-Mart is going to be the easiest place to find the earthenware you’re looking for. The closest ones to you are in Georgia (Doraville, Duluth, Johns Creek, Riverdale, Suwanee). Having said that, there’s a great Korean-centric Asian market down in Fort Lauderdale named Kim & Lee Oriental Market. The last time I was there (which was probably 4 years ago), they had a rather large selection of Korean earthenware. I cannot guarantee that it’s still that way, however, so you might want to call before you drive all the way down there. Best way I can put it to you is that H-Mart is a sure thing, and Kim & Lee is dependent on them not having changed what they stock in 4 years (although it’s much closer). So pick your poison I guess, lol.

I assume you’ve tried the Woo Sung Oriental Market in Orlando? From the photos online, it appears to be a very well stocked Korean-centric market with a large cooking wares section. I’m surprised that they don’t have what you’re looking for.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.