Korean cooking forum topics
I was wondering if you know how to make dduk gochi? I used to get it almost every day after classes, and it really hit the spot when it was cold out. I think it’s all about the sauce they put on it–sweet and spicy, but tastes different from normal gochujang. It’s really easy to make I think (just deep-fry the dduk on a skewer) but I really want to know how to make the sauce they brush on it. If you know, please post a recipe.
The sauce for dduk gochi is simple, and you can actually just fry the dduk instead of deep-frying.
Here’s my recipe for dduk-gochi:
3 tbs of go-chu-jang (spicy red pepper sauce), 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 1/2 tbs of sugar, 1 tbs of honey or mool-yut (corn syrup), 1/2 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs ketchup
1) Cut the dduk into three sections. (about 2 inch sections)
2) Put about three pre-sliced dduck on top of each other on a toothpick to make a skewer.
3) On a skillet, put enough oil to cover just the bottom of the pan.
4) Heat the oil, once its hot, put the skewered dduk and fry on each side until golden brown.
5) While the dduk is being browned, mix the ingredients.
6) Once the dduk has been browned evenly, put aside on a plate to cool for about a minute or two.
7) Drizzle the sauce on top of the dduk. It’s best to eat while still hot, so make sure not to cool too much!
BTW, the sauce is just an estimate, and it’s good for about 1/2 the pack of dduk. You might want to double the sauce recipe to ensure you have enough sauce to cover the whole pack of dduk. Enjoy!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © Maangchi LLC.
All rights reserved.