regarding spices…

Home Forums Korean food discussion regarding spices…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #50604

      sorry if this is kinda a dumb question >.< but is red pepper flakes the same as red pepper powder?

    • #55395

      They are often both called red pepper powder. The flakes are called coarse red pepper powder and the “powder” is called fine red pepper powder. The coarse gochugaru is used more in everyday cooking while the fine gochugaru is sometimes used in kimchi and making gochujang. More info on them here:

    • #55396

      I don’t like when my teeth grab onto a bit of flake…the dried skin from the pepper feels like waxed paper between my teeth. As such, I use a combination of both or just the red powder for pretty much everything. I especially love the powder for soups and such as it dissolves better.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.