Korean cooking forum topics:
I’m going off to college soon , and i don’t know how to make simple cooked rice :< can you please tell me how?
This is how to make rice using a pot.
1. Wash and drain 2 cups of short grain rice a couple of times and put it in a pot with a thick bottom
2. Pour 2.5 cups of water into the pot and soak it for 30 minutes and close the lid.
3. Bring the pot to a boil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
4. Open the lid and turn the rice over with a rice scoop or spoon.
5. Simmer it over low heat for another 10 minutes!
Tip – place a clean tea towel under the lid and wrap the edges over the lid so it doesn’t hang down. This will prevent the pot from boiling over.
Or just buy a small rice cooker – they are very cheap, foolproof, and you can steam vegetables in it or make other steamed dishes.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © Maangchi LLC.
All rights reserved.