Hi everybody! I’m introducing you to a very very simple, fast, and delicious recipe today!
Myeolchi-muchim is a simple dish that you can make in a few minutes. It’s made with crispy dried anchovies, and once they’re coated with the delicious seasoning mixture I’m going to show you, they make for an awesome, delectable, easy-to-make side dish.
It goes great with rice, kimchi, and a bowl of doenjang-jjigae, like I showed you in the video. It’s a very common lunchbox item in Korea, because it keeps well and has a lot of calcium. And if you have sudden, unexpected guests and you’d like to have something to serve them with the beer or wine, make them some of this and I guarantee they’ll love it.
I love dried anchovies, and I often eat them straight up as a quick snack! They are also great stir-fried, so if you love them like I do, check out my myeolchi-bokkeum recipe, too!
- ½ cup tiny dried anchovies
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rice syrup or corn syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Combine hot pepper flakes, soy sauce, vinegar, rice syrup, garlic, green onion, sesame seeds, and 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a mixing bowl. Mix well with a spoon.
- Add the dried anchovies and mix well. Transfer to a serving plate or bowl. Sprinkle some chopped green onion over top and add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Serve as a side dish for rice or with beer.