I’m excited to introduce another soup recipe to you today, this one made with squid! If you are a soup lover and love seafood, I’m sure you will love this. It’s very easy to make but it is smells and tastes great.
I made this soup when I visited Tanya in Canterbury UK. We made a large pot of squid soup for our meetup party that night. Everybody loved the taste and wanted to learn the recipe. When you serve this soup with rice, add a few more side dishes such as seasoned tofu and spinach side dish. If you are busy, you don’t need any side dishes at all; just enjoy your decent meal by putting some multi-grain rice into the hot soup. This soup is also really good to share with many people.
(for 2 servings)
- 9 ounces (250 grams) of squid cleaned and cut into 3 inch x ½ inch strips
- 9 ounces (250 grams) of radish sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces
- half a medium onion, sliced (½ cup worth)
- 3 stalks of green onions, cut into 2 inch long pieces
- ½ cup worth of leeks, cut into 2 inch long pieces (you can replace this with 2 green onions)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbs hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
(cooking time: 40 minutes)
- Place all ingredients into a pot and mix well with a spoon until well incorporated.
- Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn down the heat over medium heat and cook another 25 minutes until the radish is cooked. The radish will look a little translucent when it’s cooked well.
- Serve hot with rice and more side dishes.