Korean cooking forum topics
I recently tried it at a korean restaurant and im dying to learn how to make it. pls make a video of this.
what do you mean with multigrain rice? ogokbab? five kinds of rice mixed with other rice?
instead of just plain white rice mix it up with those other kinds of rices… (i just use a mix of three kinds of rice myself).
you are supposed to wash all different kinds of rice separately, but i don’t taste any difference if you just mix them all together and cook them.
This is my multi-grain rice recipe:
1. Combine 1 cup short grain rice, 1/2 cup sweet brown rice, 1/2 cup barley rice, and 2 tablespoons black sweet rice in a heavy pot.
2. Wash and drain the mixture of the grains a couple of times. Drain water as much as you can and add 3 cups water.
3. Cover and let it sit on the kitchen counter for a few hours.
4. Cook it over medium high heat for 10-12 minutes.
5. Turn the rice over with a rice scoop or spoon.
6. Simmer it over low heat for another 10-12 minutes.
7. Fluff with a rice scoop to remove excess steam. Serve immediately with side dishes.
Hello everyone, I am looking for multi-grain rice online but it seems very difficult to find. In Italy I am not sure whether to combine different grains myself because I don’t know all varieties of rice or legumes. Does anybody know whether some online shop, if possible in Europe, sells multi grain rice? I only found this so far
Thank you in advance for your replies :-)
I stumbled upon your website looking for Korean recipe dishes. I have always wanted to learn how to cook Korean food and I just love, love, love your videos and step by step instructions.
I am so glad I found your site. I look forward to trying all the tasty recipes.
Thank you, again
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © Maangchi LLC.
All rights reserved.