Yield: 4 -5 servings
- 4-5 dried persimmons
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup of ginger, sliced
- 1 cup of sugar
- pine nuts
- 7½ to 8 cups of water
- Wash, peel, and slice ½ cup’s worth of ginger. Put it into a pot or kettle.
- Rinse 5 cinnamon sticks and put them into the pot.
- Add 7½ to 8 cups of water and boil for 20 minutes over high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and boil for another 25 minutes. If it boils over, take off the lid.
- Add 1 cup of sugar. Stir and cool it down.
- Remove the stem of the dried persimmons and wash thoroughly.
- Strain cinnamon sticks and sliced ginger in a colander.
- Pour it into a glass jar or glass bowl and add the persimmons.
- Put the lid on and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours. It will keep in the fridge for more than 1 week.
- Serve cold with ice cubes. Use a ladle to give each person a small bowl of punch. Each serving should have one persimmon in it with a few pine nuts sprinkled on top.