As I mentioned, I made fried squid dish. The poor squid got caught by a Korean fisherman somewhere in the ocean in Korea and got handled mercilessly by someone and dried and came to Canada with my friend. And it had taken photo by me and posted, then got cooked!
What else can I do? It’s delicious. My friend, a Buddhist will give me a dirty look if she sees this.
“ooh, you are cruel!” One day she said, “how can people eat someone else’s flesh!”
Fried squid recipe:
- Cut a dried squid into bite size with scissors and soak it in cold water for 1 hour
- Beat 1 egg white until it foams and add ½ cup of starch powder, ½ cup of flour, ½ ts of salt, and ½ cup of cold water and mix it to make batter
- Drain the squid and dry it with paper towel and add 2 tbs of starch powder and mix it
- Pour vegetable oil in a pan and dip each piece of squid into the batter and fry it twice
* Serve with sauce (Mix 1 tbs of soy sauce and 1 tbs of vinegar)
Fried sweet potato
- Slice sweet potato diagonally about ½ inch thick
- Dip the piece of sweet potato into the batter and fry it