- 1 large squid (1 lb)
- soy sauce
- sugar, hot pepper flakes
- green chili pepper,
- carrot, garlic, onion, and green onions.
Makes 2 servings.
- Remove the squid’s intestines
- Wash and drain the squid. Cut it into strips (about 2-3 cups worth) and place them in a bowl.
- Prepare a big plate for your vegetables.
- Cut a carrot thinly and diagonally and place it on a big plate.
- Cut 12 green onions into pieces 5-7 cm in length and put them on the plate.
- Slice 1 medium size onion and put it on the plate.
- Slice 1 green chili pepper and put it on the plate.
- Prepare a small bowl and make hot paste by mixing 5 cloves of minced garlic, 2½ tbs of soy sauce, 2 tbs hot pepper flakes, and 1 tbs sugar.
- Heat a pan or wok over high heat and put 1 tbs olive oil in it.
- Stir fry by adding vegetables in this order: carrots, onions, green onions, and chili pepper. Stir fry for about 2 minutes
- Add squid strips and the hot paste and continue to stir fry for a few minutes
- Sprinkle some sesame oil and transfer to a serving dish and serve with rice.