This time I posted spicy beef and vegetable soup (yukgaejang) on YouTube.
- In a big pot, add 1lb beef brisket, 11-12 cups of water, and half an onion. Boil it for 1 hour over high heat.
- While it boils, cut 12 green onions, 1 stalk of celery, and 1-2 cups of fernbrake into pieces about 7 cm in length. Mince 7 cloves of garlic. Put them all into a big bowl with 5 cups of bean sprouts.
- Put 3 tbs hot pepper flakes, 1 tbs of sesame oil, 1 tbs of vegetable oil, 1 tbs soy sauce, 5 ts of salt, and some ground black pepper into a small bowl and mix it. This is your hotpepper oil sauce.
- Put the hotpepper oil sauce on top of the vegetables and mix them all up.
- When the beef is well cooked, take it out and set it aside to cool down.
- Add the mixture of vegetables and hot pepper oil sauce into the boiling beef stock. Boil it for 20 minutes.
- Slice the beef thinly and add it into the boiling soup. Cook it about 5 minutes more.
Serve with rice. Enjoy it!