(The other recipe in this video is miyeokguk – seaplant soup)
Miyeok-muchim is made of seaplant, which is rich in iodine and calcium and many people eat it to lower their cholesterol. This is a delicious side dish that has a real taste of the sea!
- 7 cups of soaked miyeok (about 2 cups of dried seaplant)
- 6 tbs of soy sauce (more or less depending on your taste)
- 1 tbs of sugar
- 1 tbs of minced garlic
- chopped green onion
- 4 or 5 tbs of vinegar
- sesame seeds
- Soak 2 cups of miyeok in a bowl for at least 30 minutes. Drain.
- Add the miyeok to a pot of boiling water. Stir with a spoon for 30 seconds .
- Take out the miyeok and rinse in cold water. Gently squeeze the miyeok to get rid of any excess water.
- In a big bowl, put the miyeok and add the soy sauce, vinegar, minced garlic, sugar, and chopped green onion. Mix it up by hand.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the top and serve cold.