Doljaban muchim is very delicious, flavorful, and one of the easiest side dishes to prepare. The main ingredient, doljaban, is also called gimjaban, and its texture and flavor are very similar to kim (seaweed paper), which is used for making kimbap. If you like the flavor of kim, you’ll love this side dish. It’s one of my favorite side dishes for doshirak (Korean lunch in a box).
Doljaban, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds.
In a large mixing bowl, add 3 cloves of minced garlic, 3 chopped green onions, 3 tbs soy sauce, 1/3 cup water, 1 tbs sugar or honey, 3 tbs sesame oil, and mix well with a wooden spoon
- Measure 100 grams of doljaban from the package.
- Tear or crush the doljaban into small pieces with both hands and place it in the seasoning sauce in the bowl.
- Mix it well until moisture is absorbed.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tbs roasted sesame seeds and mix it together.
- Serve with rice, kimchi, soup, and a few more side dishes.
You can keep it in the fridge up to 1 week.